- Online Services Pay Fines, Transcripts...
- Forms & Filing Forms, Fee Schedule...
- Self-Help Self-Rep, Info, FAQs...
- Divisions Civil, Criminal, Family...
- General Info Local Rules, ADA, Maps...
- California DMV
- California Courts: Judicial Council
- California Legal Codes
- California Courts Self Help Center
- Help Filing Online (I-CAN!)
- Law Help California.org
- Nolo Press
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- Sonoma County Law Library
- Sonoma County Legal Aid
- Sonoma County Sheriff
- Spanish Self Help Resources
Family Law Covid-19 Information and Update
The Sonoma County Superior Court Family Law Division is open, but the building Is closed to the public.
Family Law Division Offices
- The Civil and Family Court House is closed to the public.
- The Family Law Filing Clerk’s Office is receiving documents at an outdoor service station in the parking lot of CFC and via e-file, dropbox and mail.
- The Family Law Facilitators Office is providing distance services.
- The Family Court Services Office is conducting virtual mediations and interviews via Zoom.
- The Children’s Waiting Room is closed.
Family Law Case Continuance and Cancellation of Appointments
- The Family Law departments are hearing all matters via Zoom.
- Any specialty calendars (guardianships, citations, etc.)to be held at 8:30 a.m. on the typically assigned day.
Compliance and Case Management calendars will all be continued to date in 2021.
- Settlement Conferences will be rescheduled to later dates to be determined.
- Trials will all be continued and/or set in 2021. All currently scheduled trials will be moved to Master Calendar dates between October 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 for scheduling dates in 2021.
- Law & Motion matters will be continued to dates starting October 1, 2020.
Family Law Case types identified by the court as Emergencies and how to file
- Domestic Violence Restraining Order Matters
- The court highly recommends e-Filing all documents related to Domestic Violence Restraining Orders. If the court user cannot e-file, filers must deposit all required documents and copies in the drop-box located at the Civil and Family Court, 3055 Cleveland Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 94503 by 10:30 am. The document will be returned by email no later than 2:30 pm.
Family Law Related Information & Frequently asked questions
- What if I have a domestic violence restraining order that is due to expire during the court closure?
Notices will be sent regarding new court dates once normal court operations resume. Domestic Violence Temporary Restraining Orders made by this court that were due to expire March 16, 2020, through March 31, 2020, are extended and effective to April 7, 2020. See home page for applicable order.
- Can I file a request for an emergency domestic violence restraining order during the court closure?
Yes, either by electronic filing or by dropping completed requests in the drop-box located at The Civil and Family Court, 3055 Cleveland Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 94503 by 8:30 am. The document will be returned by email no later than 2:30 pm. Processed orders will be returned via email or regular mail during the court closure.
Self-Help information regarding domestic violence orders is available through the California Courts Self-Help site at https://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-domesticviolence.htm
Where can I find information about child support? http://www.sonoma-county.org/dcss
Where can I find information on Adoptions? http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-adoption.htm
Where can I obtain information on child custody or visitation? For general information go to http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-custody.htm
For information on assistance in Sonoma County go to Services and Resources page: http://sonoma.courts.ca.gov/self-help/community-services