- Online Services Pay Fines, Transcripts...
- Forms & Filing Forms, Fee Schedule...
- Self-Help Self-Rep, Info, FAQs...
- Divisions Civil, Criminal, Family...
- General Info Local Rules, ADA, Maps...
Family Law Facilitator
Location: Civil and Family Law Courthouse, 3055 Cleveland Avenue, Santa Rosa CA 95403
Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 11:30 AM Mon-Thu 1:00 PM to 3:30 PM Mon
Court Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Mon-Fri
(707) 521-6545 *See below for telephone instructions
THIS OFFICE IS A FRAGRANCE FREE ENVIRONMENT. PLEASE REFRAIN FROM WEARING PERFUMES, SCENTS AND FRAGRANCES WHEN VISITING THIS OFFICE.
Dear Court Users:
The Children’s Waiting Room is temporarily closed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Please be patient with us as we attempt to restore services.
La Sala de espera de los niños está temporalmente cerrada. Pedimos disculpas por cualquier inconveniencia que esto le pueda causar.
Por favor sea paciente con nosotros mientras intentamos de restablecer los servicios.
- Family Law Facilitator Brochure (pdf)
- Schedule of Services in Chart Form (English)
- Schedule of Services in Chart Form (Spanish)
FAMILY LAW FACILITATOR / SELF HELP CENTER
The Family Law Facilitator / Self Help Center helps self-represented people with forms and procedures in custody, divorce, support, and credit card debt collection. For advocacy services in domestic violence, civil harassment, guardianship and evictions, you are encouraged to contact Legal Aid of Sonoma Count at 542-1290. If Legal Aid cannot assist you, then contact our office for self-help assistance.
Our services are neutral – we may serve both sides of a case. We do not provide legal advice or attorneys to represent you. Our services are not confidential. There is no attorney-client relationship between you and any staff member. You should obtain your own attorney if you want personalized advice or strategy, to have a confidential conversation, or to be represented by an attorney at court. The office is not responsible for the outcome of your case. If you have an attorney of record, we cannot help you.
HOW CAN I GET HELP?
• Beginning Divorce, Nullity or Legal Separation
• Responding to a Divorce, Nullity or Legal Separation
• Income and Expense Declaration
• Restraining Order for Domestic Violence
• Restraining Order for Civil Harassment
• Petition for Appointment of Guardian
• Requesting a Limited Conservatorship
• Small Claims
Once your packet is completed, you may bring it to the Family Law Facilitator / Self Help Center for review or with any questions you may have before you file it with the clerk. Click Here and you will be transferred to the Odyssey Guide and File website by Tyler Courts and Justice Solution.
WORKSHOPS: We have a workshop for answering credit card debt collection complaints. Registration is by calling 521-6545 or by drop in.
HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FOR A DROP-IN VISIT?
Custody, Visitation, Child Support, Spousal Support: Service is by drop-in. You will need your case number and most recent order if you are seeking a modification. You will need to write a declaration in support of the request you are asking of the court. See sample declarations below. For custody and visitation, write your declaration after you visit the Family Court Services page and review the Child Custody Orientation handbook. For spousal support, you may use a Spousal or Partnership Support Declaration Attachment (FL-157). For child or spousal support, you must also provide a financial declaration – see the Income and Expense Declaration (FL-150). See the Forms link below. Bring envelopes, postage and the current address of the other party in your case.
FAMILY LAW FACILITATOR / SELF HELP CENTER FORMS
You can get forms from form packets, local forms and statewide forms. You may also seek online form filling guidance from Guide and File located at this website https://www.occourts.org/self-help/.
Below is helpful information about choosing a form packet, instructions for completing a packet, and checklists if you are preparing for a visit to the FLF/SHC.
- Appointment sheet and checklist for Debt Collection Clinic
- Appointment sheet for Guardianship Clinic
- Instructions to File a Request for Telephone Appearance
- Instructions For Filing Summary Dissolution Of Marriage
- Instructions to File and Serve Petition
- Instructions to File and Serve Request for Order and Temporary Order
- Instructions to File and Serve Wage Assignment for Spousal Support
- Instructions to File and Serve Request for Order
- Instructions to File and Serve Responsive Declaration to Request for Order
- Instructions to File Stipulation for Custody and Visitation
- Instructions to File Stipulation for Child Support
- Instructions to File and Serve Declaration of Disclosure
- Reimbursement of Child Care Costs sheet
- Reimbursement of Health Care Costs sheet
- Sample Custody Declaration
- Sample Profit and Loss Statement
- Sample Support Declaration