- Online Services Pay Fines, Transcripts...
- Forms & Filing Forms, Fee Schedule...
- Self-Help Self-Rep, Info, FAQs...
- Divisions Civil, Criminal, Family...
- General Info Local Rules, ADA, Maps...
- California DMV
- California Courts: Judicial Council
- California Legal Codes
- California Courts Self Help Center
- Help Filing Online (I-CAN!)
- Law Help California.org
- Nolo Press
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- Sonoma County Law Library
- Sonoma County Legal Aid
- Sonoma County Sheriff
- Spanish Self Help Resources
Family Law Covid-19 Information and Update
The Sonoma County Superior Court Family Law Division is open. Office hours are 8:00am to 3:30pm. Phone hours are 8:00am until 12:00pm.
Family Law Division Offices
- The Civil and Family Court House is open conducting modified operations. The building is closed to the public.
- The Family Law Filing Clerk’s Office is receiving documents Mon-Fri from 8:00AM to 10:00AM at a service station located at the entrance of CFC and via e-file, dropbox and mail. Phone hours: Mon-Fri from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
- The Family Law Facilitators Office is providing distance services.
- The Family Court Services Office is conducting virtual mediations and interviews via Zoom.
- The Children’s Waiting Room is closed.
Family Law Case Continuance and Cancellation of Appointments
- The Family Law departments are hearing all matters via Zoom.
- Any specialty calendars (guardianships, citations, etc.)to be held at 8:30 a.m. on the typically assigned day.
Compliance and Case Management calendars will all be continued to a date in 2021.
- Settlement Conferences may be conducted outside of the court setting or a request may be submitted for informal settlement conference with a Judicial Officer using remote technology.
- Trials scheduled during the court closure will be moved to Master Calendar dates between October 1, 2020 and December 31, 2020 for scheduling dates in 2021.
Family Law Case types identified by the court as Emergencies and how to file
- Domestic Violence Restraining Order Matters
- The court highly recommends e-Filing all documents related to Domestic Violence Restraining Orders. If the court user cannot e-file, filers must submit their documents at the service station located at the entrance or deposit all required documents and copies in the drop-box located at the Civil and Family Court, 3055 Cleveland Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 94503. Judicial review of requests for Domestic Violence Restraining Orders is conducted Monday through Friday at 8:30 a.m. (see Local Rules for details). For e-file submissions, documents will be returned by email no later than 2:30 pm. For all other types of submissions court users will be contacted via phone when documents are ready for pick up. Documents will be available for pick up at a table located at the entrance of CFC until 3:30 p.m.
Family Law Related Information & Frequently asked questions
- Can I file a request for an ex parte/emergency orders or Domestic Violence Restraining Order while modified operations are in place?
Yes, by electronic filing, by submitting the request at the service station located at the entrance or by dropping completed requests in the drop-box located at the Civil and Family Court, 3055 Cleveland Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 94503. Judicial review of requests for Domestic Violence Restraining Orders is conducted Monday through Friday at 8:30 a.m. (see Local Rules for details). Judicial review of applications for ex parte/emergency orders is conducted Monday through Friday at 10:00 a.m. (see Local Rules for details). For e-file submissions, documents will be returned by email no later than 2:30pm. For all other types of submissions court users will be contacted via phone when documents are ready for pick up. Documents will be available for pick up at a table located at the entrance of CFC until 3:30 p.m.
Self-Help information regarding domestic violence orders is available through the California Courts Self-Help site at https://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-domesticviolence.htm
Where can I find information about child support? http://www.sonoma-county.org/dcss
Where can I find information on Adoptions? http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-adoption.htm
Where can I obtain information on child custody or visitation? For general information go to http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-custody.htm
For information on assistance in Sonoma County go to Services and Resources page: http://sonoma.courts.ca.gov/self-help/community-services