- Online Services Pay Fines, Transcripts...
- Forms & Filing Forms, Fee Schedule...
- Self-Help Self-Rep, Info, FAQs...
- Divisions Civil, Criminal, Family...
- General Info Local Rules, ADA, Maps...
- California DMV
- California Courts: Judicial Council
- California Legal Codes
- California Courts Self Help Center
- Help Filing Online (I-CAN!)
- Law Help California.org
- Nolo Press
- Sonoma County Bar Association
- Sonoma County Law Library
- Sonoma County Legal Aid
- Sonoma County Sheriff
- Spanish Self Help Resources
Probate Covid-19 Information and Update
The Sonoma County Superior Court Probate Departments will resume Courtroom hearings commencing the week of May 11, 2020.
4/15/2020 - Rescheduling Department 18 Continued Matters
Probate Building and Department Closures
- The Civil and Family Court House is closed to the public.
- The Court Investigators are conducting advisements and interviews virtually.
- The Probate Clerk’s Office is receiving documents at an outdoor service station in the parking lot of CFC and via e-file, dropbox, and mail.
- The Children’s Waiting Area is closed
Probate Case Continuance and Cancellation of Appointments Hearings
All Probate matters will be heard virtually via Zoom. The Court will send Notifications of Continuances and Virtual Hearings to the address of each participant.
Probate Case types identified by the court as Emergencies and how to file
- Temporary Conservatorships
- The court highly recommends e-Filing all documents related to Domestic Violence Restraining Orders. If the court user cannot e-file, filers must deposit all required documents and copies in the drop-box located at the Civil and Family Court, 3055 Cleveland Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 94503 by 10:30 am. The document will be returned by email no later than 2:30 pm.
- Please e-File all required documents, proposed letters, and proposed orders.
- All filed documents that can be returned by e-Filing will be.
- Documents that must be in original format will be made available at HOJ – a court employee will arrange the time as it may vary daily
Probate Related Information & Frequently asked questions
- Where can I obtain information about Temporary Conservatorships?
For general information go to https://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-conservatorship.htm?rdeLocaleAttr=en