Civil Grand Jury Eligibility Requirements
● Grand Jury
● Grand Jury Demographics
● Grand Jury Eligibility Requirements
● Grand Jury Reports & Responses
● Policy & Procedure Manual
Eligibility Requirements & Application Requirement
Thank you for your interest in the Sonoma County Civil Grand Jury.
Applications for the 2023-2024 term are now being accepted. Applications close on April 17, 2023.
Prospective Civil Grand Jury Application - Click here (will open external web site)
In order for an individual to be considered for the GJ, applicants must meet the following legal qualifications:
- At least 18 years of age
- Citizen of the United States
- Resident of Sonoma County one year prior to commencement of term of office
- Understands the spoken and has written knowledge of the English language
- Not currently serving as a trial juror
- Not discharged as a grand juror within one year prior to commencement of term of office
- Never convicted of a malfeasance in office or any felony or other higher crime
- Not currently serving as an elected official
- In possession of natural faculties, of ordinary intelligence, of sound judgment, and of fair character
In addition to meeting the statutory requirements, a Grand Juror should:
· Be able to fulfill the time commitment required to be an effective Grand Juror.
· Have the ability to work with others and be tolerant of their views
· Have a genuine interest in community affairs.
· Have investigative skills and an ability to write reports.
What is the Civil Grand Jury and why should I apply?
Click Here to learn more - What Is It, and Why Should You Apply?