Skip to main content
Skip to main content.


Criminal Division

Criminal Division - Misdemeanor & Felony Cases

Felony, misdemeanor, and certain infraction violations are heard in Criminal Court Monday through Friday.
Criminal Calendars are posted daily on the Room 105J Criminal Division windows. The courtroom location is indicated at the top of the calendar.
In order to clear a bench warrant, you must appear in person at 8:00 AM Monday through Friday, for a same day appearance in court. Clear warrant calendars are heard at 8:30 AM for felony matters and at 9:30 for misdemeanor matters.
If you were released from jail on a bail bond, you must submit a letter of reassumption of liability from the bonding agency with your request. Your case will not be scheduled for court without this letter.

Please Note: The calendars on this website are posted at 4:00 PM daily. While we are trying to provide the most up to date and accurate information possible, modifications and additions to these calendars can be made up until the appointed appearance time. Any changes after 4:00 PM will not be posted on this website. Please check with the Court Clerk's Office in person or by phone the Court at 707-521-6500 if you are unable to find your case or need more information.

Public Access and Research Information

Access Information:

The Court does not provide case information via the Internet. On-site public access information terminals are available for researching cases at the Hall of Justice in Room 107J and Room 105-J.

Copy Information:

  • Cost for Copies: $0.50 per page
  • Certification Fee: $40.00 per document in addition to the copy fee.
  • Exemplification of Copy of Record: $50.00 in addition to the copying and comparing fee of $0.50 per page.
  • Searches of records lasting longer than 10 minutes: $15.00 per case.

Fee Schedule

Copies of documents in criminal court case records can be obtained by visiting the Criminal Court Clerk's office from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Hall of Justice located at 600 Administration Drive, Room 105-J, Santa Rosa, CA 95403.

For copy requests made in person at the Clerk's Office, payment can be made by cash, check (payable to Superior Court), money order, cashier's check or credit card (Visa or MasterCard only). Credit cards payments may only be made on orders totaling $10 or more.

Copies can also be obtained by sending a letter, or by using the CR-01 form below, to the address above with the case name, case number, specification of the document requested, and whether the document is to be certified or not. Certification is a stamp that declares the copy to be an exact copy of the original in the courts file. Please be sure to include a self-addressed stamped envelope with the request in order to return the copies and receipt of payment.

For copy requests made through the mail, payments can be made by check, credit card, money order or cashier's check only. Please make the check payable to Superior Court. As you may not know the exact cost, you may indicate in the note section of the check "not to exceed ___" and list an estimated amount. The clerk will then fill in the amount of the check on your behalf, as long as the amount does not exceed what was list. If the payment submitted does not cover the fees, the request will be returned with a request for additional funds.

Certification of a document is $40 in addition to $0.50 per page (one sided, if double sided, the cost will be $1.00). Copies without certification are $0.50 per page. You may also request an Exemplified Record or a Letter of Exemplification which is an additional $50 fee in addition to $0.50 per page (one sided, if double sided, the cost will be $1.00)

Request for Records Search and/or Copies Form CR-01

Click on the link below for information on requesting prior criminal records.
Criminal Record

Public Entity Records Requests Only

Effective March 1, 2015, the Court began charging public entities for clerk-made copies of court records in any criminal action pursuant to Government Code § 70627. Please note: Form CR-01 may be used to submit your request. If payment is not received with your request, you will be sent a bill with the requested documents.

Filing of Proposition 64 Petitions

Below are link to information as well as links to the forms for the filing of Proposition 64 petitions

Petition for Re-sentencing or Reduction Information (Prop 64) Juv - Adult
Prop 64 Petition - Application
Prop 64 Order
Prop 64 Proof of Service

Filing of Ab-1950 Petitions

AB-1950 Defendant-Misdemeanor Petition Response and Order

SB384 Tiered Registration Petitions, Effective July 1, 2021

Information on Filing a Petition to terminate Sex Offender Registration ( CR-415 INFO)

Petition to Terminate Sex Offender Registration (CR-415)

Proof of Service - Sex Offender Registration Termination ( CR-416)

Frequently Asked Questions

It is highly advisable that you not to bring children to Court if other arrangements can be made. You may be asked to leave the courtroom by the bailiff if your child causes a disturbance, and could risk missing the call of your case.

If you have an outstanding warrant, you must appear in person at 8:00 AM at the Criminal Division Court Clerk’s Office to request that your matter be placed on calendar. The Clerk’s Office is located on the first floor of the Hall of Justice, 600 Administration Drive, Room #105, Santa Rosa, CA. Clear warrant calendars are heard Monday through Friday. Your case will be placed on calendar the same day after 8:30 AM. The decision to recall the warrant is entirely up to the judge.
If you were released from jail on a bail bond and the bond has been forfeited, you must bring a Letter of Reassumption of Liability from the bonding agency. Your matter will not be placed on the clear warrant calendar without the letter.

Court dates are set by the judge and should not be changed without good reason. If you have an attorney either privately retained or through the Office of the Public Defender, your counsel needs to make the arrangement of changing a court date as they will appear with (or for) you.

If you are representing yourself, you may advance a court date by contacting the Criminal unit at Room 105-J at the main Hall of Justice. You may submit a written request to have a court date postponed on a misdemeanor, but it does not guarantee a warrant will not be issued for a missed appearance.

There will only be ONE referral made by the Court to the First Offender Drinking Driver Program. If you fail to show up and enroll within the specified period of time or if you are dropped from the program for any reason, the Court will not re-refer you to the program. You will be directed to self enroll in the program.

This means that if the participant is dropped from the program there will not be another opportunity to obtain a restricted license. The entire program will have to be completed and the participant may then apply for a full license.

The daily criminal calendars are available by accessing the Daily Criminal Calendar on this web site. The calendars are posted at 4:00 PM daily. Any changes after 4:00 PM will not be reflected. If you are unable to locate your case, you may contact the Clerk’s Office between the hours of 8:00 AM and noon.

Requests for modification are sent to the judicial officer for decision. Once a decision has been made to either grant or deny your request, you will be sent a written response in the mail, along with any updated orders.

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.