Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Notice: The Civil Clerk’s Office has moved!

Effective November 20, 2023, the Civil Clerk’s Office is now located at the Civil & Family Law Courthouse located at 3055 Cleveland Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95403.

Transcripts / Court Reporters

Court Reporters Transcript Requests

A transcript of court proceedings is a verbatim record of everything said by the judge, attorneys, witnesses and others during a court hearing or trial. If a hearing or trial was reported by a court reporter, that court reporter is responsible for preparing a transcript of the hearing as required by law or upon request. Except for those transcripts prepared for the court for certain criminal matters, all other parties requesting transcripts are required to pay reporters for the preparation of transcripts at the rate prescribed by law.

How can I order a transcript?

Send a written request directly to the Court Reporter:

1. Complete the Transcript Request Form

2. Email form to the Court Reporter (see contact list below)

3. Wait for a response from the Court Reporter regarding next steps

Alternatively, you can verbally submit your request by leaving a voicemail for the Court Reporter stating the following:

1. Case Name and Case Number

2. Hearing Date, Time and Judicial Officer

3. Your contact information including your name, address, email address and daytime telephone number.

All of the information requested on the Transcript Request Form is available in the court file.  You can contact the appropriate Clerk's Office for the information or to review the file.

List of Staff Court Reporters

** Click on the name below to email **

 List of Frequently Used Pro Tempore or Former Employee Reporters

** Click on the name below to email **

Once the transcript request is received, the court reporter will contact you directly with a cost and time estimate for the preparation of the transcript.

Please keep in mind that:

  • Court reporters work in court all day; response time may not be immediate
  • You may be required to send in a deposit before a transcript will be produced
  • Time required for delivery of the transcript varies depending on length of the transcript and Reporter workload

The following types of matters are not reported and an official transcript is NOT available:

  • Civil 
  • Family Law (except termination of parental rights, contempt and/or domestic violence)
  • Unlawful Detainers (landlord-tenant disputes)
  • Misdemeanor Criminal
  • Traffic
  • Probate (except LPS Conservatorship and Writs)

Also NOT available: Confidential or juvenile proceedings, which require a signed order of the Court.

The Court is not required to provide a court reporter in the above case types. However, a court reporter may have been present at one or more hearings in some of these case types. If a court reporter was present and you would like to request a transcript you will need to contact the court reporter or their agency directly.

  • If you do not know the name of the court reporter, please contact the appropriate division of the Court to request that information.
  • If you know the name of the Court Reporter please contact them directly. You may be able to locate their contact information in the phonebook or online. An alternative is to get their business address from the Department of Consumer Affairs Court Reporters Board of California website. Click on License Verification and enter the name of the court reporter.

Parties may, by stipulation, arrange for the appointment of a privately retained certified shorthand reporter to serve in the matter where an official court reporter is not normally available. You can obtain this form from the Clerk’s office, courtroom or click here.

Requests for CDs of electronically recorded proceedings

The Court is now electronically recording certain court proceedings. For electronically recorded proceedings, you will see a + sign in the court file where you would normally see the initials of a court reporter. Requests for CDs of electronically recorded proceedings must be submitted in writing and will require two business days to process. Requests cannot be submitted over the phone. You may request copies by mail or in person at the Archived Records office during business hours.

You may fill out and print this form and send it to our office. There is a $25.00 fee for each CD which must accompany the order form. Checks should be made payable to Sonoma County Superior Court.


  • Recordings

    Hall of Justice
    Archived Records Department
    600 Administration Dr, Room 110-J
    Santa Rosa CA 95403
    Office Hours: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM Mon-Fri

  • Reporter Coordinators Office

    Hall of Justice
    600 Administration Dr, Room 101-J
    Santa Rosa CA 95403

Was this helpful?

This question is for testing whether or not you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.