Case Management Calendar
Court Call is not permitted for this calendar.
If the tentative ruling is accepted, no appearance is necessary via Zoom or in person unless otherwise indicated.
The tentative rulings will become the ruling of the Court unless a party desires to be heard. If you desire to appear and present oral argument, YOU MUST NOTIFY Judge Honigsberg’s Judicial Assistant by telephone at (707) 521-6723) and all other opposing parties of your intent to appear, and whether that appearance is in person or via Zoom, no later 4:00 p.m. the court day immediately preceding the day of the hearing.
TO JOIN “ZOOM” ONLINE,
TO JOIN “ZOOM” ONLINE,
Department 18 : https://sonomacourt-org.zoomgov.com/j/1607394368?pwd=aW1JTWlIL3NBeE9LVHU2NVVpQlVRUT09
Meeting ID: 160—739—4368
TO JOIN “ZOOM” BY PHONE,
- By Phone (same meeting ID and password as listed for each calendar):
- +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Guide for participating in court proceedings via Zoom in Department 18.
- After joining the meeting and checking in with the clerk, please mute your audio when not speaking. This helps keep background noise to a minimum.
- Be mindful of background noise when your microphone is not muted. Avoid activities that could create additional noise, such as shuffling papers.
- Position your camera properly if you choose to use a web camera. Be sure it is in a stable position and focused at eye level, if possible. Make sure everything visible in the frame is appropriate for an appearance in court.
- If a confidential session becomes necessary it is incumbent on you to ensure you are able to participate from a private location so that unauthorized people cannot overhear or see the proceedings.
- Chat is enabled for the sharing of documents among participants and the court and to allow attorneys to communicate individually with each other or their clients only. No chat messages should be sent privately to the court as it would amount to an unauthorized ex parte communication. Neither should chat messages be sent to all participants unless directed by the court.
- The recording function has been disabled. Remember, the prohibition against recording court proceedings, even remote ones, remains.
- Be patient. Check in will take more time and the experience from those who have tried this before is that proceedings are a little slower generally.
The following cases are required to appear at 3:00 p.m. in Dept. 18
SCV-264159, Calvi v. Calvi
SCV-268716, County of Sonoma v. Northey
SCV-270898, Gemignani v. Andrade
SCV-271495, Hom-Dawson v. Sheldon
SCV-273214, Stockham v. North Coast Tile & Stone, Inc.
SCV-273312, LaBrucherie v. Kia America, Inc.
The following cases will be continued to a further CMC/OSC calendar in Courtroom 18 (no appearance is required on September 26, 2023):
MCV-261947, United Financial Casualty Co v. Aversa- to 11/28/23 3:00 p.m. re: service of complaint
SCV-269901, Ainsworth v. Boys & Girls Clubs of Sonoma Valley- 1/9/24 3:00 p.m. re: status of appeal
SCV-270486, Sager v. Summit Food Service- to 1/9/24 3:00 p.m. re: dismissal-requested hearing
SCV-270601, MAHRT v. Cornerstone- to 12/19/23 3:00 p.m. re: outcome of demurrers & motion to strike
SCV-271061, Sager v. Summit Food Service- to 1/23/24 3:00 p.m. re: dismissal
SCV-271632, Greenfield v. Almazan- to 1/9/24 3:00 p.m. re: pos, settled pleadings & trial setting
SCV-272149- Groom Staffing, Inc. v. Bellevue Union School District- to 1/23/23 3:00 p.m. re: outcome of motion for leave to file XC-requested hearing
SCV-272334, Broomfield v. Wypich- to 12/19/23 3:30 p.m. for Order to Show Cause Re: Dismissal for Failure to file a Proof of Service or Declaration of Due Diligence and Failure to Prosecute. An Order to Show Cause will issue separately.
SCV-273292, Beckwith v. McGee- to 1/9/24 3:00 p.m. re: proof of service, answer & trial setting
SCV-273316, Fuesler v. Ghost Management Group, LLC- to 12/19/23 3:00 p.m. re: update on mediation & trial setting
The following cases will be set for trial with notice to follow (no appearance is required):
The following cases have been dropped for various reasons:
SCV-273288, CPIF California v. Rudra Investments, LLC
*THIS IS THE END OF THESE TENTATIVE RULINGS*